Followers

Tuesday, 13 May 2014

LANTERNS


Good morning to you all 
we have a lovely day here today 

I have been playing with some lovely lanterns 
from 




Here is what I did to the lanterns 



I used acrylic paints to paint the lantern after I followed the easy to put together instructions 
I have added some fancy sequins from my stash   


I have used a  fancy sticky flower strip from my stash to decorate around the middle  
I have used rainbow gems to decorate 
and a silk flower and some ribbon 


I have used mosaic tiles don't forget to take the front plastic covering off the tiles as well as the sticky bit 
I have used black cord from my stash  




I have coloured the lantern with promarker from my stash 
 I have used some sequins around the top 
I have added a silk flower 
I have added some beads to the bottom from my stash 



I have enjoyed doing these projects 
Thanks for taking the time to look  
happy crafting to you all  
Rachel 

12 comments:

Susan Kennedy said...

These are gorgeous!! I really love the white one.. all the white.. just stunning!!! Love them!!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

- Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Scrap A Thousand Words}

Sue Fraser said...

These are really different and would look lovely decorating the garden for a BBQ. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

Amy A said...

Rachel, these are AMAZING! Love the one with the flower strip and rainbow gems. :o)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges & Good Luck! We hope to see you again!!

Amy- DT Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
{Lil Cutie Creations}

Pickle Lily said...

These are great - just right for Chinese New Year! Jo x

Picto said...

This is a fun thing to do, I love all the different effects :)

Jan x

Deborah Adams said...

What wonderful idea to decorate the lanterns. :D Great for a graduation party.
Thank you for joining us at All Crafts Challenge.
Deborah ACC DT

Sandie said...

Pretty lanterns, each one so individual too...Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at http://rheddscreativespirit.blogspot.co.uk/...x

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

such a beautiful project - thank you for sharing over at EE this month x

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

wow fabulous creations! Very creative and different!

Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky.

Mikha Adriani said...

Beautiful! I love how you make this!! Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun this time. We're having new challenge soon. Wish to see you there too! ;)
Hugs, Mikha

Sammy said...

How lovely! what a great collection of lanterns! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

Hanne M. said...

Oh, these are so pretty! I love how you've decorated each one differently. :) Thanks for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck! Hope to see you soon again.

Hanne, DT