Followers

Sunday, 1 September 2013

SPOTLIGHT TIME

Hi to all 
hope you are all having a good weekend 
sorry blog candy did not go
up yesterday but had problems with the computer it will be going up later to day 

Now on to

ITS A NEW WEEK AND A NEW CHALLENGE 


    Di's Digis and Sandi's Samples.   
Neither of these sponsors provide images for the Design Team, so Kathi is using this week to highlight a nice design technique called Spotlighting.  I am sure most of you are familiar with this technique, but maybe some of you have not yet tried it.  I had not, so it was a fun project for me.   We expect to be bowled over by your fabulous Anything Goes Projects, but we do hope that some of you will let us see some cards and/or layouts employing the Spotlighting Technique 

THE SPOTLIGHTING  TECHNIQUE 
Was new to me but found it very easy to do 
click here to see  a video  tutorial on how to do it 
also I will put it up on my video tutorial page 

HERE IS MY DT CARD 


To make this card I used 
pre scored card in white 
I used black card to mat with added some wasp tape and some gems 
I cut some white card and added a sentiment to it and mat it on the card 
I used my x cut dies to cut out the black oval and put it on my card 
I found the image on pintrest and printed out two images


 one I used my x cut die and cut out and added to my card 
the second one I punched out a circle on part of the image 
and coloured with promakers 
I used a smaller x cut die and cut out in black and added my punched image to 
I then added this to my card 


I would like to enter this card into some challenges 


thanks for taking the time to look and comment 
happy crafting to you all 
hugs 
Rachel 



2 comments:

Hazel said...

Your card is beautifully crafted, Rachel - I love the spotlight technique and you have done it so well. Thanks for sharing for The Glory of Christmas 'anything goes' challenge - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for September - I'd love to see it there too. x

Pumpy said...

Hi Rachel, The first time I have seen this technique, very effective it is.
http://pumpy-pumpys.blogspot.com/